Indie Rock owns me and about everything else. Unlike most musical people, I play a sport and love sports. Im an indie kid but I am a music lover in general. Rap, punk, metal, hardcore, post-hardcore, indie pop, chamber pop, twee pop, and even emo, i like it all. Movies is the secont love which tons of my hard earned cash goes. One day I will have a room for my movie collection. Enough said. Enjoy my life as much as I wish I had yours if its better.

Monday, August 01, 2005

Music and Movie Time

So I havent done much lately but I am going on vacation this week to Virginia Beach. I cant wait to get some free time for doing nothing all day. So i thought I would make a post about movies and music. First talks will be about movies then music will follow.

Movies
The summer hasnt been blockbust crazy like past summers. The movies that were supposed to be good and were supposed to be blockbusters have all been that. I would say a movie like Stealth which tanked best expresses this summer. Movies like Cinderella Man which was one of the best movies I have ever seen did absolutely nothing in the box offices. Now to the opposit end of the spectrum a movie like Batman which was marketed incredibly well and was also an extremely well made and acted movie had a very nice showing in the box office. Favorite movie of the summer releases is bar none Charlie and The Chocalate Factory. Tim Burton and Johnny Depp at their best. Star Wars was descent but im not a big stars fan so im not the person to judge it. I guess ill tell you my top 5 movies of all time now because my movie discussion is done.
1.Tombstone
2.Usual Suspects
3.Garden State
4.Shawshank Redemption
5.Resavoir Dogs
The only movie on this list that I can understand anybody knocking on is Tombstone. But, that has been a personal favorite of mine since I was about 8. Everything about that movie is great. Garden State is not knockable at all if you have seen it and have really watched it. And the other three movies are all favorites of most people in the world.

Music
I dont really know how to do this but im just going to tell you whats on my playlist right now at the current moment. I have finnally made my Iriver (mp3 player) incredibly easy to navigate with almost everything named and tagged correctly. At the current moment im listening to alot of indie. Indie does not have to be independent to be it but its a state of mind to the user. So here you go, these are the records that have been on my playlist for a while now.
1.The Decemberists-Picaresque-Extemely awsome sound. All the songs seem very old and almost folk like. I would recomend them to anyone who likes Bright Eyes.
2.Franz Ferdinand-Franz Ferdinand-Great sound that is extremely catchy. Recomend the cd to anyone who doesnt care for indie but likes good music.
3.The Futureheads-The Futureheads-Great sound and anyone who likes bloc party or franz i would recomend them.
4.The Dead 60`s-The Dead 60`s-By now you can tell that franz hooked me onto this kinda sound. Very similar to Franz but the lyrics are not as catchy.
5.Bloc Party-Silent Alarm-The last of these kinda Franz sounding indie bands. Im sorry but these guys are incredible and I dont understand why they didnt take off like Hot Hot Heat did after their MTV moment.
6.The Postal Service-Give Up-Very pleasing to the ears. If you dont like them and have heard them you desserve never to hear music ever again.
7.Motion City Soundtrack-I Am The Movie-Very catchy punk music that if you like Fall Out Boy i would recomend them to you.
8.Fall Out Boy-From Under The Cork Tree-I know they have made it to TRL but the rest of the record is still great.
9.Spoon-Gimme Fiction-Record of the year to me. If you like rock or classic rock you will be pleased with this.
10.Stereophonics-Language, Sex, Voilence, and Other?-Great band. Straight 3 peice rock. They are big over the pond so why arent they here yet.
Honerable Mentions-Alkaline Trio has fallen off the playlist but is going to make a return with them coming to the town so i gotta remember all the words again. Hot Hot Heat is still one of my favorite bands. Seeing them in concert a secont time with my favorite girl band (shivers) eisley made them even better to me. Eisley needs more attention but they wont get it because of the hate of girl bands by most people. Im one of the haters but i love them for some reason. The classic bands albums were all great. The highlight to me is The White Stripes, Weezer, and Coldplay. Foo and Oasis werent the best works both bands have put out but are very good. Hawthorne Heights desserves alot of mention for me actully liking a band that screams other then the Thursday. If you like techno i would recomend Daft Punk to you in a heartbeat because of awsomeness.

Thats all I got for the movies and music of my summer of 05. Thanks for reading and go watch and listen to something.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

movies are nice, not gonna knock tombstone, even though its not even close to my top 50. music..... its alright, no classic rock made the list? no reflections on past music? chris im dissapointed.

11:53 PM

 
Blogger Geo said...

Put down your cds and books and go get some pussy.

3:07 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home