Indie Rock owns me and about everything else. Unlike most musical people, I play a sport and love sports. Im an indie kid but I am a music lover in general. Rap, punk, metal, hardcore, post-hardcore, indie pop, chamber pop, twee pop, and even emo, i like it all. Movies is the secont love which tons of my hard earned cash goes. One day I will have a room for my movie collection. Enough said. Enjoy my life as much as I wish I had yours if its better.

Wednesday, November 02, 2005

Christopher Dillon's Cred Awards Novembor 05

Cred Awards 05'

I have decided while being bored and talking to Zack to hold my first ever Cred Awards. This will grow into a thing much more wanted then some dumb moonman over time, you wait and see. Everyone wants my Cred so ill get it started.


Best Known Artist(popular artists)
Dave Matthews Band is hands down one of the biggest bands of the 90's and have the musical talent to back it up. The way songs are put togethor are amazing and the live albums they have released put many jam bands to shame. Virginia native Dave Matthews desserves some Cred with some Ants Marching.

Mentions
Foo Fighters-Awsome grunge band, don't argue with that unless you have seem them live.
Coldplay-Biggest band on the face of the planet at the moment.
Kanye West-President Bush hates black people!

Most Overplayed Song
Falloutboy-Sugar, We're Go'in Down Swingin
This song so way to much airtime in 05. They are not even sweet in concert. I do not understand the hype that they get in the emo kid world. Pretty good album but this song just takes the cake as bad news. Video did not help at all.

Mentions
Gorillaz-Feel Good, Inc
Kelly Clarkson-Since You Been Gone
Kanye West-Golddigger

Worst Artist Ever
I do not understand Crunk, its rap thats yells the same words over and over. Thats why I do not get this guy at all. At least NAS or Jay-Z rap about something. WHAT? HUH? YEAH! can you say something else for the love of god Lil Jon in any of your songs. My 8 your old sister could write a better rap song. Your hooks are bad news. You desserve no Cred.

Mentions
Limp Biscuit and CrazyTown are Rock-Rap, nuff said.
Eddie Murphy wants to party all the time. If you understand this you need a medal of honor.

Person or Persons Who Gets Tons Of Cred
Tie
Guster and the Gorillaz are amazing bands with nothing in common but the fact they make good music. Both are incredible and need everyones attention.




Best Song
Belle and Sebastian-Like Dylan In the Movies
This song is amazing. If it would have been spelt like my name I would be in dropping out of school right now and heading for New York right now to become an actor. Lucky for me they spelt it wrong so I can get a good job and not some bum in NYC. Just listen to this song and you will think of me.

Mentions
Guster-Come Down Stairs And Say Hello
I apoligise to george but i could not get this song over the top of the belle. I played both over and over and still couldn't find a way to move it in front.
Belle and Sebastian-If Your Feeling Sinister
This song got me into indie music. This song has changed my life and my musical taste but its not my even my favorite song on the record. I forsee a best artist coming.
My Mourning Jacket-Off The Record
Know one in Amherst knows about this band but me and thats the way I like it. I switch songs alot but when i click this song I am able to stick to it without ever changing it. I love it and it loves the fact that i love it, off the record of course.

Best Album
The Postal Service-Give Up
You may wonder why they have never been mentioned anywhere else in this blog but not one song on this record is better then any other, this is a good thing. Every song is amazing and could be a single on any college radio station in the nation. Anything Death Cab touches is gold and so I hope to be touched by them.

Mentions
Belle And Sebastain-If Your Feeling Sinaster
This record made me an indie kid. I will never look back.
The Arcade Fire-Funeral
Created a style that is trying to be copied by veterens of the indie pop genre. With those lights out in the neighborhood they are one of the biggest bands in Canada.
Clap Your Hands Say Yeah-Clap Your Hands Say Yeah
Indie that weird people make fun of. Sounds like a guy talking at the fair. CLAP YOUR HANDS for this New York indie band. This record has run many Lorain kids out of the pool when I want to leave early because its just way to cool for them.


Best Artists
Belle And Sebastian-No one in the world compares to the greatness of this band. The band was scared of becoming big so instead of playing gigs at concert halls they played at cofee shops, parties, and librarys. I wish for a birthday that Belle and Sebastain would show up for.

Mentions
Franz Ferdinand
Guster
Hot Hot Heat
Bloc Party

Bands You Need To Listen
Boys Night Out
Bayside
Catch 22
And You Will Know Us By The Trail Of Dead
Of Montreal
Panic! At The Disco
Maximo Park
The Magical Numbers
The Dead 60`s
The Decemberists
The Faint
Wolf Parade
Nada Surf
Gavin Degraw
Kasabian
M.I.A
The Stills
The Faint
Dungen
Circa Survive
And Till Next Time...

6 Comments:

Blogger RunOfTheDill said...

okay, it aint even over. ARE U GONNA EVER GONNA TALK TO ME.

7:30 PM

 
Blogger RunOfTheDill said...

Hmm, i consult to much with you. Also, no more comments telling me im credit. I'm the only person that is even aloud to hand out credibility to people cause that and overrated are my words.

10:32 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I THINK HOLLIE IS STUPID... KYS HOLLIE

12:51 AM

 
Blogger RunOfTheDill said...

Whose online at 12:51am. I wonder.

5:17 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Belle and Sabastian blow

1:13 AM

 
Blogger RunOfTheDill said...

wow, you blow. Belle and Sebastian are twee.

7:14 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home