Indie Rock owns me and about everything else. Unlike most musical people, I play a sport and love sports. Im an indie kid but I am a music lover in general. Rap, punk, metal, hardcore, post-hardcore, indie pop, chamber pop, twee pop, and even emo, i like it all. Movies is the secont love which tons of my hard earned cash goes. One day I will have a room for my movie collection. Enough said. Enjoy my life as much as I wish I had yours if its better.

Friday, November 18, 2005

Basketball Is War

I finally got into a practice yesterday and it was not a good one. I have come to hate the person who decided it would be a good idea to put lines on the basketball court. I don't know which is worse, running the lines or diving to a line to make the time and having to run again anyways. Basketball is war. There is no sport with the amount of cheapshots that basketball has. People will go out of the way to hit you when a ref is not looking. The sport started out as a sport with no contact at all. What has happened to the days when if you touched somebody or handchecked you were immediatly called for a foul. Personally, I do not care. I hold on to everyone because if I didn't I would suck. I have to be one of the slowest gaurds in the SWC but I am problaby one of the best defenders in the conference. I believe in my defensive abilities so much that I know I can stop anybody. Put me on a Hero and I will do everything in my power to shut that kid down.

Friday-Medina and Mount Vernon
My play started out slow just coming back from all that sick time and injury time. My first game I was just trying to fit in and lead the team. Well after the first game of lack luster offense from everybody and me playing incredibly bad in the second game with 3 turnovers, I knew I need to kick it up a notch. Third game I took over for our offensive production. I scored every point of our teams in the quater and that was good enough to top the other team. I did make Amherst sports look really bad though. In the 5th game I caught an outlet pass and as soon as I caught it somebody dove at my legs and took me out. On the way down I had time to yell a very loud four letter word. The whole gym got silent and I walked off the court extremely fast. Overall, the defense was amazing and Gillum told me I have found my way back into the player I was a month ago and welcomed me back. Ryan, where were you? I showed up. On the way home one of the funniest moments in my life took place. We were talking about chinese food and I began talking about what makes good rice. Chonko looks at me and says "Doesn't rice come from cocunuts?" He was totally serious. Dumbest comment I have ever heard.


Saturday Admiral King and Fairview
We played well! !



Jesus Shuttlesworth: Basketball is like poetry in motion, cross the guy to the left, take him back to the right, he's fallin' back, then just J right in his face. Then you look at him and say, "What?"
He Got Game

3 Comments:

Blogger RunOfTheDill said...

Dammit, your right. I hate you.

8:08 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

i was sleeping

12:31 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Every sport that has some contact is like that you friggin' asian dumbass.

5:45 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home