Indie Rock owns me and about everything else. Unlike most musical people, I play a sport and love sports. Im an indie kid but I am a music lover in general. Rap, punk, metal, hardcore, post-hardcore, indie pop, chamber pop, twee pop, and even emo, i like it all. Movies is the secont love which tons of my hard earned cash goes. One day I will have a room for my movie collection. Enough said. Enjoy my life as much as I wish I had yours if its better.

Saturday, December 24, 2005

Christmas Eve Is Overrated

Christmas Eve is the most overrated day of the year. When you were little all you wanted to do was go to sleep so the magical day came sooner. Now when your older, you just want to get the day over so you can get through the next day faster. As you can see, Christmas is not my favorite holiday of the year. About half way through Christmas every year of my life I was bored out of my mind. None of your friends can ever do anything and no one in my family or extended family was ever my age so I would never have anything to do but watch people cook and when no one was looking steal some turkey. Also, one of the many things I hate is Christmas music. It is the most annoying thing in the world. Bunch of people who sing songs that have been sang a million times before by about a million other better singers. Hanging out with family is twee though but I will be spending my Christmas sleeping the whole twee day. Nothing exciting happened this week but I did however eclipse the four thousand song mark on my computer.

Top 15 0f 05
1. Sufjan Stevens-Illinois
2. Bright Eyes-Digital Ash
3. The Decemberists-Pisc
4. Spoon-Gimme Fiction
5. The National-Alligator
6. Keane-Hopes And Fears
7. The Futureheads-The Futureheads
8. Bloc Party-Silent Alarm
9. Bright Eyes-Im Wide Awake
10. Ryan Adams-29
11. Of Montreal-Sundalic Twins
12. The Boy Least Likely Too-Best Party Ever
13. Stereophonics-Language Sex Violence Other
14. Kanye West-Late Registration
15. The Go-Team-Panther

I don't hate Christmas but maybe if I didn't get the main thing I wanted this year I would like it more. Have a merry christmas and hello and goodbye.

Ralphie as Adult: My father worked in profanity the way other artists might work in oils or clay. It was his true medium, a master.
Christmas Story

7 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

i agree with every word of it

3:49 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You're overrated, fag.

10:20 PM

 
Blogger RunOfTheDill said...

Chuck Berry has been to jail. He in turn is better then everyone else that sings christmas music

6:11 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

chris youre not overrated .. youre underrated if anything

7:06 PM

 
Blogger RunOfTheDill said...

Thanks bottem person.

11:29 PM

 
Blogger RunOfTheDill said...

bottom

11:29 PM

 
Blogger jk said...

Dillon, I think the fact remains: peanut butter really isn't butter at all. It's peanut paste. What a sad, sad world we live in.

12:58 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home